Finding it hard to make head or tail of aerosol regulations? You are probably not alone as the aerosol industry, like the rest of the manufacturing sector, is sadly not immune to red tape.
However, there is an easy way for people working with aerosols to get to grips with the complex and often confusing regulatory regimes and requirements affecting this unique packaging format.
The Aerosol Association of Australia is re-running its successful Aerosol Regulatory Workshop at Macquarie Graduate School of Management in Macquarie Park, NSW, Australia, October 24, 2013.
Expert speakers will present an overview of:
• AS2278 (the ‘Aerosol Standard’) and its role in ensuring aerosol safety
• Classification: the GHS, Workplace Labelling and MSDSs
• Requirements for Therapeutics, Cosmetics and Disinfectants
• NICNAS – current and forthcoming requirements
• The new Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act – what it means and your new duties and responsibilities from a legal perspective
• Trade Measurement and the Average Quantity System
• Dangerous Goods Transport – classification and labeling
• Product Safety, Warranties and Recalls – including the mandatory reporting requirements of the Australian Consumer Law
The Australian Aerosol Association continues to build on its successful industry training program, and has now trained over 200 people in the basics of aerosol production, regulatory requirements and sustainability.
The full-day Regulatory Workshop costs $445 (incl GST) for Association members and $695 (incl GST) for non-members. Delegates receive a free licensed copy of
AS2278.1-2008: ‘Aerosol containers – Metal aerosol dispensers of capacity 50ml to 1000ml inclusive’ worth over $50.
Last year the workshop sold out within weeks of its announcement, so early booking is recommended. For more details, go to the Events section at www.aerosol.com.au
or email [email protected]