ADF&PCD New York, North and South America’s only dedicated event for the aerosol, dispensing, perfume and cosmetic packaging and design community, returns on September 5 & 6, 2018. The event, which takes place at the Altman Building & Metropolitan Pavilion, will include new networking opportunities, access to an additional conference plus a sizable expansion of the event’s networking hall floor.
The third edition of ADF&PCD New York will include special initiatives with the National Aerosol Association and the Household Consumer Products Association both of which are hosting member networking events within the show.
This year sees the launch of ‘ICON’- where the most influential decisionmakers from global perfume and cosmetics brands will gather to network, discuss packaging issues and share best practices. To attract more independent brands to the event, the organizers are working more closely with independent beauty brands and building special content that addresses the unique needs of smaller quantity buyers.
In terms of content enhancements, the world’s most prestigious packaging design awards – The Pentawards – are for the first time hosting a conference in the Americas at ADF&PCD New York. This design-focused conference will feature the best and brightest design minds from all over the globe including sessions lead by award-winning design agencies.
Alli McEntyre-Gaharan, Event Director of the ADF&PCD Portfolio, and her team are also introducing more international content to the New York edition through a series of new features – the Made in France & EcoTours. These will be special trails for visitors to follow to see exhibitors from ADF&PCD Paris – companies such as Actega Rhenacoat, Albea and Quadpack.
These international suppliers join a show floor featuring over 150 world leading suppliers of packaging and aerosol innovations, such as Aerofil Technology Incorporated – ATI, Coster USA, Emerson, Lindal Group Holding GmbH, Parcome, Seram US, SGB Packaging Group Inc., Toyo & Deutsche Aerosol GmbH, Tri Pac, Inc., Zhejiang Changxing Hanghua Glass Co, Ltd.
ADF has a free-to-attend conference which will update attendees on the newest innovations and technologies in the aerosol and dispensing industry. The sessions and interactive workshops, which will allow attendees to enhance their skills and knowledge, will be hosted by a who’s who of industry pioneers.
The ADF&PCD Innovation Awards also return for 2018, in a bid to promote the increasing levels of innovation and creativity taking place within the industry. By celebrating and showcasing the latest and most cutting-edge designs and technologies, the Awards provide attendees with the perfect platform to see the innovations that are driving cosmetics, fragrance and aerosol design forward.
The Pentawards conference sessions include:
- Mark van Iterson, Heineken’s Global Design Director covering ‘packaging trends – what now, what’s new and what’s next?’;
- PepsiCo’s Matthieu Aquino, Vice President, Global Beverage Design & Brand Experience who’s exploring “cross-industry innovation;”
- Panel discussions will include ForceMAJEURE’s founder Laurent Hainault, Jonathan Ford, founding partner and CEO of Pearlfisher and Sam O’Donahue, owner and Creative Director of Established;
- A workshop is set with Marianne Rosner Klimchuk and Sandra A. Krasovec from the Fashion Institute of Technology, and will explore how products and brands can connect with people more intelligently;
- In a session entitled “Growing Green” Christophe Pradere, CEO, and founder of BETC Design will consider how eco packaging can drive sales among millennials;
- Marisol Simard of Dandelion will examine whether tech is fueling a packaging design renaissance;
- Deanna Ustroke, senior correspondent at Cosmetics Design, considers “beauty’s mini-revolution” – the big business to be had from tiny packaging;
- Jason Galley, Director of Global Innovation and Business Development at Ball Aerocan, will discuss the benefits of using metal as an alternative to plastic, and its track-record as a replacement;
- Adam Gendell, Associate Director at Sustainable Packaging Coalition, will touch upon industry trends, regulatory changes and the hottest new sustainability developments from the packaging sector;
- Brad Barron, Executive VP – Business Development and Operations at Alternative Packaging Solutions (APS) will outline Minimist, anon-aerosol, propellant-free dispensing system which has a self-pressurizing mechanical engine;
- Scott Carpenter, VP of Marketing and Partner Innovation at Formulated Solutions, will talk about “pressurized packaging, beyond sprays” – the new packaging technologies, formulation, and processing techniques that are broadening what is possible for the world of aerosol;
- Antal Gyorgy Almásy, Chemical Engineer and R&D Director at AeroService are presenting NanoSalt Aerosol, a dispenser system for optimized delivery of nanoparticles;
- Ofer Nir, VP of Marketing & Business Development at Velox will talk about “unleashing the power of digital decoration for mass production” through Velox’s digital direct-to-shape decoration solution;
- Stephen Caldeira, President & CEO at Household & Commercial Products Association, will consider the legislative and regulatory priorities now, in a mid-term election year, and beyond.
For further information, visit https://www.easyfairs.com/adf-pcd-new-york-2018/adf-pcd-new-york-2018/ or contact the show team on +44 (0)20 3196 4425 and [email protected].