The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has amended its Risk Management Program [RMP] regulations. The revisions contain substantial changes to the Accidental Release Prevention Requirements: Risk Management Programs Under the Clean Air Act.
All RMP-regulated entities are affected.
The Final Rule has been published in the Federal Register on January 13, 2017 and the effective date is March 14, 2017.
The Final Rule includes the following new elements:
- Third-party Audits
- Root Cause Analysis
- Safer Technology and Alternatives Analysis
- Coordination Activities with Local Emergency Response Agencies
- Notification, Tabletop and Field Exercises with Local Emergency Response Agencies
- Information Disclosure on Chemical Hazards
- Public Meetings for local community within 30 days of a RMP-Reportable Accident
The full text of the Final Rule is available at: