Nearly 500 industry leaders from around the world have gathered at the Personal Care Products Council’s 120th Annual Meeting to discuss global business opportunities, emerging consumer trends and elect new officers, the Council announced today.
Council President and CEO Lezlee Westine said the agenda mirrored the industry’s constant efforts to improve and innovate. “Each year we try to top the previous year’s conference and we are thrilled once again to have a variety of panels and thought provoking keynote speakers to inspire our members,” said Westine.
“One of the most exciting things to look forward to in 2014 is Look Good Feel Better’s 25th Anniversary celebration,” said Scott Beattie, President and CEO of Elizabeth Arden and Council Board Chairman. He noted how effective the Council’s Foundation has been in providing nearly 1.5 million women worldwide with unique workshops that improve cancer patients’ self-esteem and quality of life.
“We are extremely proud of the industry’s commitment to this program and are grateful for its generous support,” said Beattie during his welcoming address.
- Keynote speaker Tony Hsieh, author of the #1 New York Times Bestseller, “Delivering Happiness” and Zappos CEO, kicked off the conference during the first all-attendee dinner.
- Jonah Berger, James G. Campbell Associate Professor of Marketing at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania shared topline details from his research on how to craft contagious content.
- Mary G. Berner, M.P.A., President and CEO of The Association of Magazine Media, elaborated on how to maximize marketing allocations to compete with the constant clutter consumers are showered with. Following her discussion was a panel on how the Millennial Generation is shaping the present and owning the future.
- One of the General Sessions will feature two panel discussions. The first will be with Council senior staff about the continuing and emerging issues affecting the industry. The second will be moderated by Lisa Powers, EVP of Public Affairs and Communications, on how to gain and maintain stakeholders’ trust. The discussion will feature Michael Maslansky, CEO, Maslanksy + Partners; Scott Siff, Vice Chairman Penn Schoen Berland and CEO BAV Consulting and Jennifer Cohan, Global Chair of Consumer Marketing, Edelman.
- Rana Foroohar, Columnist, TIME; Global Economic Analyst, CNN will address patterns in the world economy that business leaders and investors should be focused on. Her presentation will be followed by a panel discussion with executives from Mary Kay and Lubrizol regarding their individual perspectives on the international opportunities and challenges facing the industry.
Beattie, who was re-elected to a second term as Council Chairman, summarized the Council’s 2013 accomplishments, including the industry’s work with the FDA to modernize the nation’s regulatory structure.
He also noted successful efforts to promote international collaboration and said, “progress is being made, and we plan to add other long-term areas of cooperation to the agenda and expand it to other countries in due course.”
In other actions, the Council elected the following Officers:
Vice Chairmen: Thia Breen, Estee Lauder Companies
Chris Elshaw, Revlon
Deb Henretta, Procter & Gamble
Heidi Manheimer, Shiseido
For Secretary: George Calvert, Amway
For Treasurer: David Holl, Mary Kay
More info: www.cosmeticsinfo.org.