The Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) has announced the election results for the organization’s 2021 Executive Officers and Area Directors. Together with the Board of Directors, they are the governing body focused on the mission, strategy and goals of the SCC and represent the interests of more than 6,000 individual cosmetics and personal care industry members globally.
Effective Jan. 1, 2021, SCC’s executive officers are:
- President: Liz Streland of Croda Inc.
- VP: Michelle Hines, PhD, of Mary Kay, Inc.
- VP-Elect: Mark Chandler of ACT Solutions Corp.
- Secretary: Yulia Park, PhD, of Amway
- Treasurer: Karen Chun of Symrise, Inc.
The other voting members of the Board of Directors are:
- Area I: Senior Director Patricia Singh (Air Liquide) and newly-elected Director Marie Thadal (Coptis, Inc.)
- Area II: Senior Director Christine Daraska (Croda, Inc.) and Director Kayla Ivey (Gojo Industries, Inc.)
- Area III: Senior Director Angie Inouye (Charkit Chemical Corp.) and newly-elected Director Melissa Christenson (BRIDGE, Inc.)
- Area IV: Senior Director Michelle Linscott (Xytrus, Inc.) and Director Angela Eppler (Pfizer Consumer Healthcare)
They are joined by Immediate Past President Mindy Goldstein PhD (Mindy S. Goldstein, PhD Consulting) and Peter Tsolis (Estee Lauder), both of whom serve in an Ex-Officio capacity.
“I look forward to working with these passionate leaders in continuing to position SCC as the premier education, networking and scientific resource in the cosmetics and personal care industry,” said Erica L. O’Grady, CAE, SCC ED/CEO. “Their diverse industry expertise is representative of our membership and will positively impact the SCC member experience and the industry as a whole,” she added.
“It is an honor to serve as SCC President in 2021,” said Liz Streland. “I am humbled by the opportunity and, along with my fellow Board members, will work to develop the resources needed to advance our members’ professional goals and the mission of our Society.”