FSAC to present Skin Sensitization workshop on Sept. 13
Written on: June 26, 2023 by SprayTM
The Fragrance Science & Advocacy Council (FSAC) will host an in-person workshop on Wednesday, September 13, to discuss New Approach Methods (NAMs) for the assessment of dermal sensitizers. FSAC is one of the task forces under Ignite Solutions, which is the consortium management program of the Household & Commercial Products Association (HCPA) that directs the efforts of research projects designed to develop data and address industry issues through collaboration.
Titled Dermal Sensitizers: A Workshop on State of the Science and Utilization of New Approach Methodologies for Quantitative Risk Assessment, the workshop will be held at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in Arlington VA, just outside of Washington, D.C.
Key international stakeholders and some of the foremost experts from government and industry will discuss the current state of science and future areas of research to help risk assessors establish appropriate potency-based safe use limits for dermal sensitizers within regulatory frameworks. Attendees will enjoy presentations from:
- Dr. Anne Marie Api, RIFM
- Current State-of-the-Science (NAMs and NGRA) for evaluating the dermal sensitization potential of new chemicals under TSCA (RIFM Approach)
- Dr. Shashi Donthamsetty, IFF
- Proposed NGRA framework for addressing skin sensitization
- Dr. Andy Forreryd, Senzagen
- NAMS-GARDskin Dose Response assay and GARDskin potency assay
- Dr. Anna Lowit, EPA
- Approaches to the evaluation of the potential dermal sensitization of chemicals, including fragrance materials, under TSCA – EPA approach
- Dr. Emily Reinke, Inotiv
- Artificial neural networks, support vector machine models, Bayesian networks, and decision trees
- Dr. Vanessa Rocha, Givaudan
- Integrated Skin Sensitization Assessment Based on OECD Methods, Hazard and Po-tency by Combining Kinetic Peptide Reactivity and the “2 out of 3” Defined Ap-proach & Deriving a Point of Departure for Risk Assessment
- Dr. Matthias Vey, IFRA
- Risk Management paradigm of IFRA Standards, including the research program of IDEA built with the EU Commission
Find out more information about the speakers and their presentations here.
Registration for FSAC members is $95; registration for FSAC non-members is $195. Government officials can attend the workshop for free. Registrants should use this link to register for the workshop.
Hotel reservations can be made here.