Estée Lauder has notified state officials it is moving its operation from northern New Jersey, resulting in 85 layoffs. Instead of the 148,000-square-foot plant in Oakland, NJ, the company says it will fill and bottle fragrances at existing facilities in Melville, NY (Long Island) or Bristol, PA. Thirty-one employees in New Jersey will be offered jobs at the other plants.
Estée Lauder issued a statement saying it considered staying in New Jersey. However, the company said the lease was due to expire and the opportunity to increase collaboration with other operations on Long Island made this the right time to move.
- Safety products: Flame resistant clothing insect repellent - Utility Products December 6, 2013
- Ball Corporation (BLL): New Analyst Report from Zacks Equity Research - Zacks ... - NASDAQ December 6, 2013
- Pests can hitch a ride on gifts, greens - SILive.com December 6, 2013
- Ball Receives Triple Can of the Year Honors at 2013 Canmaker Summit - MarketWatch December 5, 2013
- Safety products: Flame resistant clothing insect repellent - Utility Products